Monday, June 27, 2011

#94 - Broken Arrow P-Day

Dear Family and Friends,                                                              June 27, 2011

Wow, is it P-day again? Wait. Not only is it P-Day, it's BROKEN ARROW P-DAY!!! That's right. Last transfer calls on Tuesday. I don't have to put up with that nonsense any more. No more living in fear of packing up again and starting over... Except when I go home. Then to BYU 2.5 weeks later. HA!

This week was the beginning of what feels like a giant upswing in missionary work. I don't know why, but Elder Ni. and I have just been riding a wave of pumped-up that is infectious. Actually, I do know why. With our past struggles, we've really been praying and asking if there is something we are doing wrong, or if this was increased opposition because we were working so hard to do what is right. We lost our phone on Thursday, which was just added stress. Then, Friday, we found out. It's just opposition. Satan really over-played his game, because we met just a wave of crazies. Seriously, every turn. My favorite was the guy who pulled up behind me on his bike and followed me for a mile, asking me if I was a Jehovah's Witness or an American. If I was either, he said, he'd kill me. I know that really shouldn't be funny, but Elder Ni. and I just rode away in stitches.

That's actually when our week started improving. Contacts started calling US asking about what we teach. Not just contacts. Families. One guy even called and said "I'm a Restorationist myself, and I think this is what I'm looking for." Wow. Then, Brother Francis was baptized. After 30 something years of investigating the Church, he was baptized. What a cool experience. Sure, it was our only baptism that month... but what a baptism! We had 5 investigators there, which NEVER happens, and the branch had just got back from a temple trip, so everyone was in their nice Sunday clothes. I warned Elder Ni. he may have just peaked early, because it was the best baptism I've ever had.

I know that's really short. This week felt like it was only really 2 days long, anyway.

Spiritually speaking, I've been doing a very specific study of the Book of Mormon. One of the great problems we have here is that many people believe that Jesus Christ never built a church, and that He is independent of any Church. One man went so far as to tell me that the difference in (MAJOR) doctrines were merely cosmetic, and the Savior didn't mind. But a careful study of His ministry among the Nephites proves that Christ did indeed build a Church. He was VERY specific in many aspects of it, including the behavior of it's members, the method and authority for baptism, the authority to give the Holy Ghost, the organization and leadership of the Church, the Sacrament with it's accompanying meaning, method, and authority. He told the Nephites very clearly that to be gathered into "one fold" meant to be part of the Church. Christ merely established a branch of the Church He had already established in Jerusalem among the Nephites, and among the other lost sheep of the house of Israel. I love the Book of Mormon. I know it is true.

Mission runs short, and it just keeps running! Every minute, even second, must count!

I love you all!

Love,
Elder W. Farnbach

No comments:

Post a Comment