Monday, November 29, 2010

#65 - Back in Abomosu!!

Dear Friends and Family,                                                            November 29, 2010

     This one will be very brief. I'll try to add more tomorrow night, as we will be in the mission home for Zone Leader's Council. I am back in Abomosu. I've been predicting/hoping for this transfer for about 4.5 months. With the way callings work in our mission, President is getting pretty predictable.

Anyway, I came out here, and most of the branch presidents and the like remembered me and I remembered them. Elder Bi., my dear friend/ District Leader extraordinaire, was transferred up with me, and will be one of my district leaders here, too. I'm very happy for it. The kid is like my most trusted sergeant. I don't have to worry about wherever he goes, because he'll make it great. I hope Heavenly Father feels that way about me.

Anyway, on the car ride up, as I was thinking about this assignment, I kept thinking about what President said when he transferred me. "I want you to use the experience you've gained throughout your mission to keep those 5 branches moving!" (I'm not attached to a branch, but a district) and it struck me... this is it! This is really what I've been put here to do. The Preach My Gospel videos point out that 18 months is the height of a missionary's time out there... and I am spending it here. I have served here before. I have learned to work with certain missionaries, who are here now with me. So many things have come together for me to be in Abomosu, right now.

Elder Do., my companion, and I have this vision of Abomosu being the next village of Anti-Nephi-Lehies. So that is our goal. And it started today, as we walked 4 long hours to haul one branch mission leader's cacao through the swampy, marshy, sweaty BUSH! I hated every minute of it at the time, but I'm glad we did it now. We are going to do service every Monday. No one speaks English. The members are having a hard time teaching because many of them don't speak English, so service is a good tool.

The Terrys [ senior missionary couple ] are wonderful. We had calamari..... today... in the bush. Sister Terry is amazing. We have to drive to and from the mission home a lot as zone leaders and again with Christmas coming up. They drive us up and down, 3.5-4 hours each way, no complaints. Plus, she's always handing snacks back to us. I love them so much. I hope to be that kind of example here.

I love you. I love missionary work. I love Abomosu! I love Heavenly Father, and I know He loves me, and you too! Take care of yourselves, and work very hard to do everything God has assigned you to.

Love,
Elder W. Farnbach

No comments:

Post a Comment